CAUVERY COLLEGE FOR WOMEN

NATIONAL CADET CORPS (NCC)

SERVICE HOMEANO CAMP DETAILSAWARDS & ACHIEVEMENTSCADET ACTIVITIESGALLERY



INCEPTION AND SIGNIFICANCE OF NCC

National Cadet Corps (NCC) came into existence on 15th July 1948 under the NCC Act XXXI of 1948, under the Ministry of Defence (MOD). The Girls Division was introduced in 1949. To start with, only Army NCC units were there. Air Force and Naval NCC units followed soon in 1950 and 1952 respectively. The NCC Headquarters is located in New Delhi. Control and co-ordination are exercised through 17 State Directorates. NCC Officer’s Training Academies are located at Kamptee for Male Officers and Gwalior for Women Officers.

Our college has successfully initiated the National Cadet Corps under 4(TN) Girls BN of Trichy group on 15th August 2005, which comprises 60 cadets considering that Cauvery College for Women had planned to make their cadets to be fit both mentally and physically. We develop our fitness by conducting parades in our college as per schedule. Our NCC Cadets are allowed to participate in various camps (Intra & Interstate). In camps the monetary aspects are totally provided by the college.


AIM

Motto: “UNITY & DISCIPLINE”


OBJECTIVES OF GIRLS DIVISION


BENEFITS OF NCC